| How to Stage your Bathrooms
Just like kitchens, bathrooms are rooms that can make or break a sale.
In your bathroom, if the fundamentals are right (i.e. all your fittings are in good order), your goal should be to make the room fresh, clean and relaxing (even luxurious).
Get the fundamentals right
Because you’ll re-coup your costs and improve the saleability of your home, it’s worth spending some money on updating any poorly presented bathrooms. Poorly presented bathrooms will drastically reduce your chances of selling for the maximum price possible.
Hygiene is king
Buyers need to be presented with a bathroom that’s spotless. That means you need to:
- Eliminate any traces of mould
- Remove lime scale from around taps & plug-holes
- Clean the shower curtain (better yet replace it or buy a glass shower screen)
- Give the bath and WC a good scrub
- Go over stained tile grout with a grouting pen
- Replace any sealant that’s peeled or become discoloured
- Give light fittings, mirrors & all surfaces a good once over
Buyers want to see a vision of cleanliness and luxury in your bathroom.
Unfortunately many bathrooms (especially family bathrooms) seem to attract clutter, with all kinds of bottles, lotions and potions. It doesn’t look pretty but you probably use this stuff everyday.
When you sell, it’s a different story – All of the day-to-day stuff must go. Pack it into a plastic storage box and keep out of sight You cant effectively add accessories until there is no clutter.
- As always, a neutral paint job is best. Any version of white also works well as it heightens the feeling of freshness.
- If wall tiles are cracked or missing, You should replace them or re-tile which can range from an easy job to major surgery .
- Nice white textured tiles are the best option.
All bathrooms need:
- A good-sized mirror
- Heated towel rail
Then give the room personality by adding:
- One or two green leafy plants
- A scented candle
- A couple of pretty glass ornamental bottles
- A luxury bar of soap in a soap dish
- New fluffy white towels (not to be used and only put out for viewings)
You need to convince buyers that your bathroom does not need to be totally refurbished. Buyers will often guess / overestimate the cost of refurbishment and knock that cost off their offer price.
If buyers feel they can happily use the bathroom from the moment they move in, you’ll protect yourself against this.
Disclaimer: Although all care is taken. We do not give any warranty whatsoever to the accuracy of any content.
This is not meant to be financial or professional advice and is only of general nature. You must seek professional advice before taking any actions. The above information comes with no warranties whatsoever. We take no responsibility for any actions you may or may not take. All content is of general nature only and is NOT to be taken as advice whatsoever
Principal & Managing Director
(03) 5382 0000
0419 820 000
Wes Davidson is a career real estate professional with over thirty years experience in real estate sales, leasing and management in Horsham, Ballarat and Melbourne.
Wes has travelled and studied real estate extensively both here in Australia and overseas, always looking for the future of the industry and how best to adapt to help his clients.
For Wes, the business of real estate is a commitment to excellence, knowledge and total client satisfaction.
With literally thousands of sales made under his name, why would you want to go anywhere else?